OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2009

From:
"WHITLEY, Doreen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WHITLEY, Doreen
Date:
Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:07:00 -0400
Three American Avocets are hanging out along the spit on the Whittier Peninsula near downtown Columbus.  Best way to find them is to take the first left into the boat ramp parking lot and look out to the left from the fishing pier on the right beyond the bioswales.

There has also been a Solitary Sandpiper hanging out in the new small wetland adjacent to the new Audubon Center.

Best Regards,
-doreen whitley