OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2009

From:
Jim Lindway <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Lindway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 2009 21:09:47 -0400
This morning I visited the Dike 14 open house and birded with about 20
others in the first morning group.  Jim McCormac lead the group under cloudy
skies and a strong wind.  Birds identified between 8-10 a.m.:

Northern Mockingbird
Eastern Phoebe
Marsh Wren
Palm warbler
Blackpoll warbler
Chimney Swifts (100+)
Magnolia warbler
BT Green warbler
Gold Crowned Kinglet
Ring bill gull
Kingfisher
DC Cormorant
Mallard
Northern Flicker
Lincoln sparrow
White throated sparrow
Common yellow throat
Blue Jay
Robin
Catbird
Am. Goldfinch

Thanks to all the organizations sponsoring today's open house,

Great birding - Jim Lindway / Brecksville