OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2009

From:
Cole DiFabio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cole DiFabio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2009 20:40:20 -0400
Hi everybody,
I went to a park on the shore of Lake Erie in Madison this evening (9/28) and there was absolutely
nothing except Ring-billed Gulls. The lake was very rough and there was practically NO beach at all.
Also, the very harsh winds should blow some rare migrants off course. Watch along the coast for the
Franklin's Gulls and Black-tailed Gulls. Maybe tomorrow there will be some pretty rare birds. I would
also recommend trying to get out to any park near you or Conneaut Harbor because the mudflat
should start holding water again for some shorebirds and ducks.

Good Birding,
Cole F. DiFabio