OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2009

From:
Leidy Gabe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leidy Gabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 2009 16:25:59 -0700
Perhaps I should have noted - the shorebirds that I reported yesterday at Willow Point W.A. are not even visible until you walk the dike between the impoundments east for a bit.  There is a small cove in the impoundment to the south, and there were a good number of birds in here, unless, of course, the water levels have been raised overnight.  This is roughly parallel to the patch of dead trees in the impoundment to the north, if I recall correctly.

However, if legal entry is unallowed into Pickerel Creek WA, then perhaps the same is true here, as teal/goose-hunting is definitely is full effect on this refuge, as well.

Good birding -
Gabe Leidy
Cleveland