OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2009

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 2009 19:44:17 -0700
I arrived at Wildwood State Park in Cleveland today after 11:30 and stayed til 3pm.  I was able to bird with Mark Anderson while I was there.  Yesterday the winds were northwest today winds were northeast so had to find areas away from lake.  There was no rain.  Here are the few highlights of what we saw today:

American Black Duck 1
Black-crowned Night-Heron 2 adults
Coopers Hawk 1 adult
American Coot 1
Eastern Phoebe 3
Chimney Swifts - not as many as yesterday
Winter Wren 1
Golden-crowned Kinglets 12+, Ruby-crowned 25+
Hermit Thrush - 10 (more than yesterday)
Grey Catbird 1

Warblers: (with the winds today most of good stuff woods east of road)
Tennessee 1
Orange-crowned 1
Nashville 3
Yellow-rumped - lots

Song Sparrow 6, Swamp 1, White-crowned 12, White-throated - many
Dark-eyed Juncos - 6

SIMS PARK - Euclid 3:15 to 4:30pm--only near the east end driveway to pier
Hooded Merganser 1m
Red-breasted Mergansers 50 (in water)
Pied-billed Grebe 1
Blue-headed Vireo 1
Nashville Warbler 1
Brown Creepers 3
White-throated Sparrows & Yellow-rumped Warblers

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/