OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2009

From:
Dan Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2009 12:19:40 -0700
Hello All... I just got a call from Greg Miller that a Yellow Rail is again being seen in Amish country. This is actually the third day that it has been spotted in a hay field; first on Monday when the hay was being cut, yesterday when the hay was being raked, and today when the hay was being baled. The field is across from the residence of William Hochstettler at 3025 TR 406, about 1/2 mile NW of Walnut Creek. Stop at the house and ask permission, then proceed across a bridge, make a right and go about 100 yards, along the creek. There are some grassy areas along  there where the bird may be found. Also, look for a 1" diameter stick (stuck upright in the ground) which marks the approximate area where the bird was last seen.

Good luck,
Dan Sanders
Powell, OH