OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2009

From:
"Coy, Patrick G." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Coy, Patrick G.
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 21:04:01 -0400
Karin Tanquist and I (Patrick Coy) had a wonderful 1 hour at the NW corner of Mosquito Reservoir this afternoon, thanks to Craig Holt's post from yesterday. The reservoir is low and we were able to walk out along the mudflats off of Hoagland-Blackstub Rd.

The American Avocet he reported yesterday was still present, as were many, many other great birds, including a single Stilt Sandpiper.

3- Double-crested Cormorant
13-Great Blue Heron
200+ -Canada Geese
200+ -Mallard
6-Black Duck
60-Gadwall
150-American Wigeon
65-Northern Shoveler
25-Green Winged Teal
6-Bufflehead
1-Red-shouldered Hawk
2-Bald Eagle
3-Turkey Vulture
11-Killdeer
21-Greater Yellowlegs
1-Lesser Yellowlegs
1-Dunlin
3-Least Sandpiper
2-Bonaparte's Gull
200+-Ring-billed Gull
120-American Crow
6-Black-capped Chickadee
3-Golden-crowned Kinglet

Patrick Coy
Peninsula, OH

Very little was present at LaDue Reservoir with the exception of 4 Sandhill Crane and 6 Pied-bill Grebe

Patrick G. Coy
Director, and Associate Professor
Center for Applied Conflict Management (CACM)
Kent State University
Kent, OH 44242              phone: (330) 672-2875