OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2009

From:
"T. K. Tolford" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 2009 18:29:14 -0600
I recently, partly accidentally, initiated a dialogue between OH and IN
Saw-whet Owl banders and just discovered a northern KY bander. (Hopefully
he will join us for the tri-state area.)

To-date the eight stations - five in Ohio, three in IN, (two new in Ohio!)
in our round table, have captured a mere 11 (a total we attained on our
own at our station near Oxford last year by this time!). Nearly all of us
captured an owl on Oct. 17th, the evening following almost four days of
north winds.

Kelly Sieg in Chillicothe has had the most success overall with 8 birds
total since Oct. 17th. Ross Brittain is at around 8 at his three stations
combined!

Last year by this time we had, collectively, over 50 birds.

The south winds that have persisted since Oct. 18th are not working in our
favor.

Be ready for the next winds from the north ... we may have a big surge!

Follow our progress on the hbrc website (www.hbrcnet.org) or facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=59430064023

Tim

Tim (E Central IN) Ross Brittain (Indiana x 3), Kelly Sieg (Chillicothe,
OH), Dan Kramer (NE Ohio), Tom Bartlett (Kelly's Island, OH), Lester
Peyton (Whitewater Forest/SW Ohio)

Tim Tolford
Licensed Songbird and Hummingbird Bander
http://www.hbrcnet.org
http://www.tolfordphotography.com