OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2009

Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:51:12 EDT
Hello OhioBirders

I have seen this same basic thread on other listserves over the  years.  A
common practice seems to use the full name the first time the  species is
mentioned in the posting with banding codes for subsequent  mentions.

This also serves as a learning opportunity for people not so familiar with
the banding codes.

Sorry for throwing my two cents in from several hundred miles away!
Dave Magpi0ng
Bellmawr, NJ

In a message dated 10/7/2009 8:47:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,