OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2009

Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 14:33:46 EDT
While delivering Meals On Wheels today my volunteer and I watched a  flock
of pigeons flying in all directions. All a sudden a Cooper's hawk flew in
front of us right on the tail of a pigeon. Hit it about 3 ft off the road and
 leaped on top of it, thrashing it with it's beak. We sat in awe of this.
Then I  moved slightly and the hawk flew with it's meal without wheels into a
nearby  tree.....What a site it was. I tried taking a picture on my cell
phone, but all  you can see is a dot where the hawk was. This happened after
we delivered to  home on Sunset where a ROOSTER , a beautiful one I must
admit, chased me and  crowed at me... I did get a great picture of it....

Milly WARD Piros

We do not inherit the land from our  ancestors; we borrow it from our
children.
Native American Proverb