OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2009

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 2009 20:12:58 -0700
I came to Wildwood State Park this morning around 11am.  Left and came back around 1pm and stayed till late afternoon.  Birded with Mark Anderson in the afternoon at Wildwood.  Not as many warblers today.  Most activity away from the lake.  Was a lot of rain last night.  Quite cold and strong NW winds in the morning.  Here are some of the birds Mark and I saw today:

Black-crowned Night-Heron 5 (4 adults & 1 immature)adults hidden in trees along creek
Wood Duck 1 (immature male)
Eastern Phoebe 1
Philadelphia Vireo 1
Tufted Titmouse 3-4
Red-breasted Nuthatch 2, White-breasted 2, Brown Creeper 3
Winter Wren 1-2
Golden-crowned Kinglets - more than previous, Ruby-crowned - many
Hermit Thrush 2, Brown Thrasher 1

Warblers:
Orange-crowned 1 (seen at 11am-same place as seen on Thurs-not seen again)
Nashville 2
Yellow-rumped - many
Blackburnian 1
Wilsons 1

White-throated Sparrows - many
White-crowned 2
Dark-eyed Junco 3-4

SIMS PARK - Euclid  10:00-10:45am,  5:20 to 6:30pm
Red-breasted Mergansers - only 2 (still there in afternoon)
Double-crested Cormorants - a string of 85+  east to west far out
Hermit Thrush 5
Ovenbird 1
Swamp Sparrow 1
Yellow-rumps, Kinglets, White-throated Sparrows

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/