CLEANACCESS Archives

November 2009

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Daniel Sichel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:58:21 -0800
Ok all you Cisco lurkers out there. Since the hardware for this stuff
takes up valuable rack space, and my hardware just got EOL'ed and since
these appliances are just OEM low end HP servers, what is the licensing
policy for virtualizing these things and running them in my VM core?

Is it any different if I am willing to spring for a Cisco Nexus switch
to run it over, (that is, does Cisco take bribes)?

I am just tired of the hardware and still have not forgiven you for
shipping these gobblers with a non functioning network adapter driver.
Still remember the TAC guy telling me to ftp the new NIC driver to the
unit.  Thank heavens, support has gone from that to down right good on
this product.

Anyway, I would like to green up my data center by eliminating 3 or 4
power supplies and their attendant heat and noise. According to the
latest data from East Anglia, that should either stave off the next ice
age, or destroy the world, not sure which at this point.

Daniel Sichel, CCNP, MCSE
Ponderosa Telephone

"I gave up looking for a reason
To live with things just the way they are
I came around..."
The Go-Gos, Can't Stop the World