OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2009

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 2009 18:09:54 -0800
This morning when I was out along the lake I received a call from Mark Anderson that there were swans being seen at Sims Park in Euclid but too far away to see well.  So he headed towards Eastlake but stopped at Willowick Lakefront Park on Lakeshore Blvd. just west of Vine St.  That is when he called me around 11:45 and I arrived just after noon.  There were 17 TUNDRA SWANS far west as seen from the west side of the park.  After about half hour a large boat heading east caused them to fly east where they were easier to see as they flew in single file past us.  They eventually disappeared to the far east.  Then Mark noticed they had actually flown back flying past us far out and landed in the same spot to the west.  We eventually left far Eastlake PP, came back and they were still there in Willowick.  We went to Sims Park then he left and I returned to Willowick.  They were still there after 3pm.  They always looked like they were drifting east but they
 never really moved any distance.

Tundra Swans 17
Common Loon 1
Bufflehead 6 (came by around 3pm)