OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2009

From:
Thomas Slemmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas Slemmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 2009 22:02:26 -0500
Drove around Hoover today around noon; cloudy, windy and cold 39 degrees.
Lots of Hood Mergansers and Bonaparte's Gulls.  Three Common Loons at a
distance and 2 Red-breasted Mergansers close up.  One Common Goldeneye
below the damn.

Stopped by Blendon on the way home and was rewarded by two beautiful fox
sparrows at the feeder near the pond. I hadn't seen one close up for a
long time.  They are really impressive!

Here's the list:

Location:     Hoover Reservoir
Observation date:     11/27/09 10am