OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2009

From:
Ken Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 2009 13:28:04 -0500
The Say's Phoebe I found on Thanksgiving has been relocated today, Saturday,
November 28 on Hilt Road, which is about 2 miles northeast of Yellow Springs.

The bird is hanging around the fields about 1/4 mile east of my house, where
it was seen Thursday. This is the general area of the house at 1925 Hilt Rd.
(green John Deere Mailbox). The bird has been seen from the road, perching
on the fences on both sides of the road.

I got some better pictures today. The bird was still fairly distant, but the
lighting was much better! The pictures are posted on the OOS Ohio Birding
Bird Identification forum here:

http://www.ohiobirds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1260

If you decide to try for this bird there should be no problem with parking
along the road, but please respect the properties of the local homeowners.

Ken Beers