OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2009

From:
"Steve J." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve J.
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 2009 18:30:59 -0500
A little out of state birding was my only option since I went to my
in-laws this Thanksgiving Weekend, down in Cumberland Falls area.  But
nothing would keep me from doing a little birding on their wooded lot
while there.  I usually see a bunch of different woodpeckers and this
week was no different, Downys and Red Bellied were most prevalent.
Usually the smaller ground birds are hiding...if there at all...not this
weekend however. I got my Junco fix out of the way for the rest of the
year along with about a dozen White Throated Sparrows. One displayed
itself on a stump and gave me some great calls.   Also included were
Titmice and Chickadees...oddly there were no Cardinals! If you are down
in that area, stop by the lodge, the have feeders there and usually
there are a lot of different feeder birds hanging around.

Before Leaving for Corbin on Wednesday, we went by Big Island WA and I
spotted a dozen Tundra Swans.  Along Hwy 95's ponds just outside of Marion.

Later

Steve