OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2009

From:
Scott Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 2009 10:48:58 -0500
.
Sharon and I were walking all around in the Wetland Mitigation impoundment
this am.

We found two immature birds and Two Adult Redheaded Woodpeckers. Very cool.

I have a key provided by the Cuyahoga County Engineers who constructed this
wetland abatement that will be given to the Cleveland Metro Parks and open
to the public in time. When I do not know.

I have been moving native wildflower’s from along the path of the newly
constructed Crocker/Sterns extension, and relocating them into the
enclosure.

I am on collection permits so not to worry.

I have for several years been allowed with Cleveland Metro Parks permission
prior to the construction of said road moved plants out of the path of the
road, started a native plant nursery using our yard and a nursery and seed
producer. I put several hundred Trillium seeds into the impoundment. The
goal is to make sections of this impoundment as good or better than the
section of Bradley woods that was destroyed by the road. Native plant
speaking.

The impoundment is surrounded by a 9 foot fence. It is/can be reached by
parking in the first parking lot in Bradley Woods on your right. Take the
trail just to the left of the Picnic pavilion. Take that tail north and you
will run right into the impoundment. Or anotehr tail will lead to the old
sandstone quarries that constructed the buildings of Baldwin Walace.

Or find Elmhurst off of Lorain Road. Take Elmhurst to Whitehaven (I did not
name the street) Take Whitehaven to the stop sign and then a left on
Broxbourn.

Note the last house on the right is "Rocky's House" and he likes his
privacy, do not under any condition pull into his driveway or you be visited
by the North Olmsted Police, oh "Rocky" how many times did you call the
police on me.

Or just maybe if you would like a tour of the impoundment send me a private
reply.

Sharon Orzech and Scott Wright

North Olmsted Ohio