OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2009

From:
Jacob Saborse <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jacob Saborse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:38:19 -0500
Hello,

I am a grad student at YSU and I am doing my thesis on antipredator
behaviors in mixed flocks. Particularly I am looking at Black-capped
chickadee warning calls and how they affect other species in a mixed flock
in the absence or presence of a particular predator (e. screech owl).  My
study requires as many field sites as I can find, but I need to know if e.
screech owls are present or absent at each site. I have contacted a few
people and have a few field sites where I will be doing my research, but I
still need more.

I would appreciate any information anyone has on areas where I could do my
research in Mahoning co. or somewhere fairly close to Mahoning co. I still
need places that have screech owls and places that do not.  Feel free to
email me any information or if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Jacob Saborse
jasaborse AT student.ysu.edu