CLEANACCESS Archives

December 2009

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Orians, Scott J" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 2009 10:11:52 -0600
This is by no means scientific, but the 15 top selling netbooks at bestbuy.com this morning all come with windows XP SP3 or Windows 7 Starter.

Dell's entry level netbook also comes with Windows 7 Starter. And HP's Mini 110 either comes with Windows XP or 7 Starter.

This is a major concern for educational institutions. We're going to have to write custom rules/checks for student machines with 7 Starter or force students to buy the windows anytime upgrade from Starter to Home Premium. I hope Cisco addresses this soon.

scott

***

Scott Orians

Systems Manager