OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2009

From:
Victor Fazio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Fazio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 2009 21:39:48 -0800
Glad to see the crane flight finally manifesting. Below is a link
to the Ohio Dec sightings thus far in eBird ... all in the last
two days.

http://tinyurl.com/ye5ufs5

Eight entries at
last count totalling 750 birds. Thanks to those who
have contributed, and I hope those of you fortunate
enough to encounter something of this flight will
consider pinpointing your observations in eBird. As we
accumulate these data (including time of day) this
can prove useful in predicting future movements
perhaps allowing more birders to share this experience.
The illustration of such movements in time and space,
not to mention convenient archival of your observations,
is central to the purpoose of eBird. I think you will find
placing your observations within the context of others
also of interest.

cheers

Vic Fazio
Lawton, OK