OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2009

Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 2009 13:54:31 -0500
The Hoover Reservoir Circle’s Christmas Bird Count will be held on Saturday, December 19, 2009. Along with the great people who help in the field, those of you that reside within the boundaries of the circle and maintain BIRD FEEDERS can provide valuable input too.

 Those of you who do not want to leave the comfort of home; you can help by counting the birds at your feeders and email your results giving me the highest number of each species seen at one time.  Email your results directly to me at [log in to unmask] The species and numbers you record from your feeders will be added to the final count.  I hope that you will participate in this aspect of the count as I would like to increase the number of feeder watchers.  Feeder watchers DO NOT have to pay the $5 Audubon fee.

The Hoover Reservoir Circle includes Westerville, Huber Ridge, Galena, Sunbury, Berkshire TWP, Berlin TWP, Brown Twp, Genoa TWP, Harlem TWP, Kingston TWP, Liberty TWP, Orange TWP, Porter TWP, and Trenton TWP.

If you are interested in reporting your feeder to the count I can email you a checklist of the species most likely to be found within the circle (not all come to feeders) and a map of the circle’s borders. Email your request directly to me and I will provide the material to you and answer any questions you might have.

Thank you in advance to everyone who helps with the Hoover Reservoir Circle count or any other count circle.

Charlie Bombaci, Compiler
Audubon Christmas Bird Count
Hoover Reservoir Circle, Delaware County