OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2009

Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 2009 12:42:14 EST
This certainly seems to be our year for pipits.  Today around 11 a.m.
instead of in a muddy field, we had 100+ pipits poking around on the shallow
thin ice at the north end of the park.  They started on the south side of  the
parking lot and worked their way over to the small pond on the north  side.
 There's some sort of small "weeds" with spiny seed pods poking  through
the ice.  They were tearing at these and picking up seeds off of  the ice.  We
watched them for 30 min.; they were still there when we  left.

Also, 2 chickadees, 1 killdeer, 1 red-tailed hawk, 3 robins, 2 Carolina
wrens

Ed and Bev Neubauer (Pipiteers Extraordinaire)
Englewood, Ohio