OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2009

From:
"Deering, Lindsay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deering, Lindsay
Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 2009 16:33:12 -0500
During our Columbus CBC, we observed a Merlin at Wolfe Park on the
Scioto River on East Broad St. in Columbus (almost to Bexley).  We were
able to watch it eat a small bird while sitting in a tree near the
tennis courts right by the parking lot.  Then, as we started walking the
park, the Merlin sat still and we were able to walk right up to the tree
it was in.

Unfortunately, I only had my cell phone camera and the photos are pretty
poor.

Lindsay Deering
Grove City