OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2009

Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 2009 18:40:32 -0500
Started out the day at Bresler. There was a ton of geese and ducks.. mostly mallards.As we went to go  down the ramp 5 sandhills were coming toward us and flew right over us low. WE headed then to Agerter road pm the south side of the resevoir anf there we found a American kestrel enjoying a fat rodent lunch. He sat right there and let me take some photos of him . Usually they are off in a flash. We then headed on to the fish hatchery at GLSM and  all we seen there was geese and mallards. Seen a nice redtail  by Harmon's landing on the south side  and then over at Aqua View estates we seen the Eagle perched out by the nest. WE looke dfor the White Pelicans but never found them.  One last trip thru the fish hatchery ont he way home produced 2 Great horned owls ,, one  in the small woodlot by the archery range and the other in the tree line behind the long ponds .   Russell at Lima, Ohio