OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2009

From:
Dick Beery <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dick Beery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 2009 22:22:56 -0500
You are more than welcome.  We have had several visitors since my post on the list.  The WWD is still hanging around with a flock of Mourning Doves and we have seen it every day.  Today it came and landed in one of our feeders.
Not sure if the snow tonight will affect it or not.  It has now been observed for the last 4 days.

Google or Yahoo maps should get you to the end of my driveway.

8751 Township Road 513
Shreve, OH 44676

I live back a half mile lane, so you need to turn in between two buildings on 513 called RBB Systems.  There is a large sign out along the road with RBB on it.  The driveway into RBB is also the Driveway to my house.  I would appreciate your parking at the RBB buildings(RBB has moved to Wooster so parking area is available for your use) walk past the buildings over a bridge, bear Right and eventually you will get to a Cedar house with a deck and lots of Bird Feeders out.  If you are unable to walk the half mile, feel free to drive back. You can park up by the woodshed. Once you get there the best place for observing is across the drive from the feeder, deck area near the pine trees. The dove flock tends to roost in the trees just beyond the feeders and other trees in the area.  They are usually there in the morning, and late in afternoon. I hope to get a visitor log up tomorrow, it depends upon some family obligations.

The lane is a single lane thus be prepared for traffic in and out as we are having some friend over Mon noon and we need to go in and out for other reasons.
If you have any question. please give me a call at:
330-567-2133.

Love to get an email from you on your observations.  We have some photos of the WWD, both mine and ones from several visitors.

If you need a bathroom before heading back home, knock our door.

Good luck viewing the dove.

Dick

Dick Beery
www.betterphoto.com?3oaks