OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2009

Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 2009 16:44:13 -0500
Went down to St Mary's ,,   didn't see the sandhills first round ,,   was on our way out of ST Mary's  on 116 and right in front of us came  two huge flocks of Sandhills . We turned around and headed for Mercer  and we got to the viewing platform in time to see them come  in .  Thought they were gonna land right below us but they went  over on the other side of 127  into a cornfield wheat field  at the edge of the two ,,    I was trying to count them but  had to be 100 +  . They  left that field and flew way over  to a field  south of  219  just  SE of Windy Point.   Love the sight and sound of these coming in . Russell   Lima, Ohio