OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2009

From:
Steven Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:11:48 +0000
Greetings!

As everyone is looking towards the skies for cranes and the like, my eyes have been looking towards my feeder.

Juncos had been reported at other feeders around the state, and I was beginning to wonder if
I would ever see a Junco before the end of the year. :-)   All that I have had were house sparrows :-(.
This morning as I was leaving to go to church I heard the ear piercing chatters (Of which I am sure that
car alarms and Bergler alarms were modeled after...:-D)  of Juncos in my back yard.

There right in front of me were two Juncos making their way to my feeder.  It is now official, Winter has begun!

Merry Christmas!:
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/sjlarue/OOSociety/Birdhsts_3.jpg

Steve
(a.k.a. sjlarue)