OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2010

From:
Cole DiFabio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cole DiFabio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:23:30 -0500
I attended the Blackbrook Audubon Society monthly field trip and we made multiple stops in
Geauga County (Amish Country) looking for raptors and others. We mostly stopped on the sides of
roads and counted 25 species for the 9 a.m.-12 p.m.  trip. Highlights were 3 Rough-legged
Hawks, 3 American Kestrels, 1 Red-shouldered Hawk, 1 Red-headed Woodpecker and about 15-
20 Horned Larks. No Snow Buntings though.

Canada Goose
Cooper's Hawk
Red-shouldered Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk