OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2010

From:
Bill Kaye <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Kaye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 01:28:10 -0500
I thought I would weigh in with my 2 cents on this subject and in this economy that amounts to
about nothing so take it for what it is worth....lol... I am a birder who has absolutely no
organizational skills whatsoever and am not afraid to admit it. Some may say ADD is to blame. I am
ok with that. The reason I bird is not to really keep any kind of record or to socialize for that matter
but to get out and for the most part enjoy the solitude that birding can bring. I truly enjoy being
absolutely alone when I bird. For that reason alone I have no desire to head to Magee as I can find the
same enjoyment in seeing only a fraction of the birds in fantastic areas where there is no pressure.
With that being said I applaud those who keep extensive records as they may serve a purpose
somewhere in the future but for the folks (who I agree with when they say)  when it becomes a job it
is no longer a hobby. We all have different levels of observation and they should all be respected for
what they are worth. We all love birds.