OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2010

From:
Bruce Glick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Glick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 06:45:23 -0800
Just thought I'd throw in a bit of data from local CBCs here - Ragersville had their all-time high number of Red-tails at 243, along with 23 Harriers, 10 Sharpies, 36 Cooper's, 2 Red-shoulders, 24 Rough-legs and 56 Kestrels. Kestrel numbers are still a concern. Millersburg also had good numbers of raptors, but not as high as some years. They did add 99 Black Vultures and 313 Turkey Vultures. Ragersville had 85 total species plus E. Phoebe and Allen's Hummingbird for count week. Millersburg had 86 plus 4 count week birds. Ironically, both counts had the same numbers last year.

Bruce Glick, Holmes County