OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2010

Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 2010 08:38:00 -0500
Sorry I haven't posted on this bird in a little while, I've been in Michigan for the past week. This morning the non-breeding plumaged male Rose-breasted Grosbeak has been coming to the feeder behind my house in Delaware Co. When not at the feeder it just hangs around the house it seems, roosting in the trees and the row of pines beside my house. There aren't many trees right near my house so if anyone cares to come and see this winter rarity there shouldn't be too many places to look. If you do come to see it, If anyone is at home here we may let you in, but feel free to come and stand by the fence in the back yard to view the feeders. The driveway is pretty covered in snow, so make sure your car can handle snow and a slight grade to drive up to the house. Up by the house just park out of the way to the side someplace, the driveway goes back behind the house and makes a loop by the barn. It's a white and gray house, and the address is :
7800 St. Rt. 656
Sunbury OH, 43074

Come on down if you're so inclined.
Good Birding,