OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2010

From:
Chris Decker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Decker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:35:45 -0500
I stopped by Lake Medina today after work to see if there was anything going on.  There are two small openings in the lake that provided some surprises!  There were several hundred Canada Geese, Mallards, and in with these was a beautiful drake PINTAIL, as well as 3 male and 2 female Wood Ducks. When I left, there were many more geese and ducks coming in for the night. The full list is below.

Hundreds of Canada Geese

Many, many Mallards,

8 American Coots

7 Ring-Necked Ducks