OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2010

From:
Manon Van Schoyck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Manon Van Schoyck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 2010 18:02:17 -0500
The  jury is still out for me personally regarding wind power which is why I
am excited to attend the ODOW's Diversity Conference in March . I just don't
know enough about this topic to make an informed decision.However, it is one
of the topics that will be covered and perhaps can help us form better
decisions . I have heard that wind turbines  are also a concern for bats
which already face their other dilemnas.  Info on the conference is below.
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/wild_resourcessubhomepage/StatewideCalendar/WildlifeDiversityConference/tabid/19517/Default.aspx

                                Manon VanSchoyck
                                Licking County
                                www.ohionature.org