OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2010

From:
Dennis McDonnell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis McDonnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:31:56 -0800
Thanks to Deb at the Nature Center, Gary Meszaros, and the class of 3rd or 4th graders with field guides for pointing me in the direction of the barred owl trying to catch 40 winks in Williams Woods at North Chagrin today around noon.  Though his eyes appeared to be closed most of the time he was alert enough to turn his head 90 degrees towards a man walking a black lab on the trail about 30 yds away, whom I had neither seen nor heard.
Some photos here:
http://www.pbase.com/tileman533/image/121428977/original