OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2010

From:
Heather Raymond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Heather Raymond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:16:28 -0800
I've been leading monthly bird walks to the Whittier peninsula (on Scioto River just South of downtown Columbus) since 2006, and when I checked my past lists I had double crested cormorants present every winter, with a winter max of 22 in 2008.  If you don't see one on the water they like to roost in several dead trees, with their favorite being a tree along the West bank of the Scioto near I-71 (visible from the bench river overlook just north of the Audubon Center).  I know, I need to post all my old lists into e-bird so others can have access to the information!  A 2010 goal of mine is to do more e-bird updating (but please don't let that statement restart the discussion on the value of e-bird data ;-)

Cheers,
Heather