OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2010

From:
Craig Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:56:48 -0500
On Saturday Morning Jan 30th we braved the frigid air on the bike path
below 5th ave between  Riverside Drive and the Scioto River.

There were numerous ducks and geese sunning themselves along the shore and
swimming back and forth. This was my best day for ducks at this location
with beautiful  views of a pair of Pintails and a Pair of Goldneyes
swiming in the middle of the river.

Geese    - 200
DUCKS:
Mallards - 120
Ring Neck - 80
Hooded Mergansers 15
Golden Eye - 2
Black Ducks - 3
Pintail     - 2
Ring Billed Gulls 20
Blue Herons 3
Kingfishers 2
Redtailed Hawk (Seen in a tree along Fisher Road Near Rome Hilliard)
Cardinals 3
White Throated Sparrow 4
Tree Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 1
Robins 6
Blue Jays 2
Redbellied Woodpecker 1
Downy Woodpecker 2
Chickadees 4
House Sparrows 6

Also, an afternoon walk along the bike path next to the Audobon Center at
Whittier was not very productive. Saw gulls and couple herons but nothing
else.

Craig Moore