OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2010

From:
Heather Raymond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Heather Raymond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 2010 05:29:15 -0800
Hi,

Since I received more than one request for this information I decided to post it to the entire list.  Leatherlips Yacht Club is located at 9230 Shawnee Trail in Shawnee Hills.  Take Glick Road to Shawnee Trail (first road West of O'Shaughnessy Reservoir) and go North a few blocks to the Yacht Club.  The club will be closed this time of year, but you can park along the street or in the drive as long as you do not block the gate.  Please note, this is private property but the owners/members tolerate birders.  It helps that I know someone that has a yacht (loose term, they are mainly very small racing sailboats!) there, but I think you should be fine if you tell them you are just there to quickly check out the area for birds.  It's a small property and does not take much time to bird.

Area T is just North of the yacht club.  You can reach it by taking Dublin-Prospect Road North to Goode Road and turn right (East).  The small public park is located at the end of Goode Road.  You can bird the short road leading into the park and there is a rough trail that runs along the reservoir.

Cheers,
Heather