OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2010

From:
Michael Hatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Hatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 2010 10:51:16 -0500
This past Saturday,right here in gorgeous Springfield Ohio,we had our
first recorded Cowbird at our feeders.Today I counted 25 Cowbirds all
feeding at our feeders at one time!!  also at the feeders:
             Northern Flicker
             Red Bellied Woodpecker
             Downy
             House and Goldfinches
             American Tree Sparrows
             Blue Jays
             Juncos
             Cardinals
also with very little time or effort,my January count is 33,but upcoming
trips to the lake and Columbus should grow it quickly!!
           good luck birding!
                Mike