OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2010

From:
Dave Freriks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Freriks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:30:51 -0600
Hi All,   Here in far southern Ohio the cooler  weather and snow has brought in a nice collection of yard birds. The past few days have seen upwards of a dozen White-throated Sparrows and at least as many Northern Juncos.  Song Sparrows have been active under the feeders. We've had 10 Male N. Cardinals around the feeders at one time.... 25 to 30 American Goldfinches, Downy and R.B. Woodpeckers, ( still hoping for a Pileated )  the usual hoards of Tufted Titmice and Carolina Chickadees. We had a male Eastern Towhee show up and the Carolina Wrens and Eastern Bluebirds and still being heard and seen around the yard.   For anyone interested, recent photos are up at http://www.pbase.com/dhfreriks/new_photos
Dave FreriksChesapeake, Lawrence Co. Ohio