OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2010

From:
Craig Caldwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Caldwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2010 13:13:09 -0800
This morning:

Whitmore Rd between CR 260 and OH 510 - two large flocks of mixed icterids.  Mostly Red-winged Blackbirds, a fair number of Common Grackles, and a few Brewer's Blackbirds.

Yetter Rd (just west of Castalia) - well over 100 Horned Larks.  No Snow Buntings or Lapland Lonspurs seen, but many larks were working through corn stubble so there could be some hidden bonus birds there...

Three Bald Eagles at the Castalia Hatchery - I've seen as many as 13 there when other water is frozen.  It's open weekdays only.

Craig Caldwell
Westlake