OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2010

From:
Nick Boutis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nick Boutis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 2010 11:02:49 -0500
All-

It was cold, overcast, slick, and about 17 degrees F yesterday in Glen
Helen -- fitting weather for our first birdwalk of the new decade.

We spent two hours in the north Glen, finding whatever birds weren't
scared off by the clomping of feet on frozen snow.  Almost every bird we
saw was found at feeding stations -- either at Trailside Museum or the
Outdoor Education Center bird blind.  Favorite sighting of the day was a
barred owl, which was roosting and hidden in a cavity in an old maple.
When we walked past, it flew a short distance and everyone got great looks
at it.

Here is the complete list:

__________ Turkey Vulture
__________ Canada Goose