OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2010

From:
Thomas Slemmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thomas Slemmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 2010 20:07:45 -0500
Great day but I sad that we missed the owls and the golden eagle that John
Kuenzli posted today.  :(

But it was worth the trip to watch very close up a flock of 30 snow
buntings mixed in with lots of Lapland Longspurs right next to the road on
township road 61 just south of 68. Lots of hawks today also and 8 Bald
eagles.  A kestrel posed on a telephone wire for us while eating a mouse.
We were also surprised to see a mocking bird and a rufus sided towee.

Location:     Killdeer Plains Wildlife Area
Observation date:     2/15/10
Number of species:     28

Canada Goose     340
Tundra Swan     2