OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2010

From:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:23:48 -0500
Hello Everyone:

Lots of interest in binoculars as well as great suggestions.  This will
reply to the two questions most of your asked:

.         The place that was recommended in Amish Country to see lots of
binoculars is Time & Optics, Ltd, 6954 County Road 77, Millersburg, OH
44654-9278.  330-674-0210.  Robert Hershberger is the owner and his
reputation is incredible.  Also, a good source of information about local
birding, especially owls.

.         The website with an excellent review of 50+ optics is
http://www.birdwatching.com/optics.html.  Click on the 'Mid-priced Binocular
Round-up'.

Thanks again for all your help and interest.  This really is a fun process!
I can't wait to get there and see all the different binoculars.

Matt Valencic

Chagrin Falls, OH