OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2010

From:
Al La Sala <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Al La Sala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2010 19:15:37 -0500
It really doesn't matter how many birds you see in January as long as you
have fun finding them.  You can travel all over the state looking for birds
but that would make you a bird spotter instead of a bird watcher.

I enjoy myself much more watching the birds in my own neighborhood so I can
observe their behavior, where they go, and what they eat.  I know where I
can always find the mockingbirds that live near here, I watch the red-tailed
hawks courting, I watch the massive flocks of white-throated sparrows and
dark-eyed juncos that show up in a nearby park each winter, there are so
many things right around here that I hate to miss it all by focusing more on
a list.

I only got 62 species.  Maybe I'd have a different story if I ever hit 100.

Al LaSala
Columbus, OH