OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2010

Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 2010 18:23:55 -0500
Hello All,

Shari Jackson and I want to play this game.

Today in our yard we had 25 species, 523 birds.

Most numerous - Tree Sparrows, at least 132

Most interesting - Chipping Sparrow vs Gambels Race of White-crowed Sparrow

Most comical - Hairy Woodpecker that perched on a metal bird feeder pole and slid down the pole like a fireman

Singing birds - Tufted Titmouse, Tree Sparrow, Song Sparrow, White-crowned Sparrow, Junco, House Finch and Northern Cardinal. Also a Blue Jay calling like a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.

Canada Goose - 41 (Fly over)
Great Horned Owl - 1 (around 6am)
Sharp-shinned Hawk -1
Red-tailed Hawk - 1