OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2010

From:
Joe Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2010 15:24:09 +0000
Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for sharing your side by side survey of these binocs.

After reviewing this thread, and all the very helpful inputs - thanks to all, I decided to purchase the Chinese plastic Nikon 10 x 40 Action 7266 probably simply because I could do most of what I want to do and they only cost me $68 with free shipping on Amazon.com.

However, for the long term I am very interested in what will be my next set of binocs.  I have looked a lot at the Vortex website and the Eagle website.  I am very pleased that you took the time to share with us that you decided on Vortex and why.

PS:  My current frustration is trying to get my nearsightedness, my trifocals, my digital camera and my new binoculars to all work in unison and in succession!!! LOL, LOL, LOL!!!

I really think my next purchase has to be a camera / binoculars combination.  Does Vortex make such a thing?

Does anyone have experience with a camera binoculars combination?  Trying to use a dedicated camera as a binoculars is really really cumbersome!!

Mostly I want to just go back and forth from eyes to binoculars, and then at the almost rare perfect moment, snap!! and I have a picture!!!

thank you for this thread,

joe d phillips
birder newbie
pataskala & columbus