OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2010

From:
Kim Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2010 21:28:21 -0500
The Black Swamp Bird Observatory (BSBO) is proud to offer a very special
program:
SKY DANCE OF THE AMERICAN WOODCOCK
Saturday, March 20th, from 7:00 - 9:00 PM

The Black Swamp Bird Observatory lies slap bang in the middle of a core area
for American Woodcocks, and more importantly, is located within a known site
for seeing their incredible displays. Join the BSBO research and education
team for an evening of fun-filled fascination beginning with an indoor
program that looks a little bit closer into the bizarre lifestyle of these
wonderful birds. After the program we'll split into two groups (limited to
20 people per group) and make the short walk to the territories of these
shorebirds; then wait quietly to listen for their strange croaking calls.
We'll listen for the sound of the male's whirring wings as he takes to the
skies and rides the dusky sky. It's truly a magical experience.

Space is limited to 40 people to ensure a quality experience for everyone.
* Program will take place rain or shine
* Cost is $10 per adult
* 18 and under are welcome at no charge.

To register, visit BSBO at www.bsbobird.org to download a registration form,
or call us at 419-898-4070, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 11:00 AM -
5:00 PM

Kim Kaufman
Executive Director
Black Swamp Bird Observatory
13551 West State Route 2
Oak Harbor, Ohio 43449
419-898-4070
www.bsbobird.org

Become a Fan of BSBO on Facebook!
Visit the Kaufmans birding blog at:
http://www.birdingwithkennandkim.blogspot.com/
Visit the Biggest Week In American Birding at:
www.biggestweekinamericanbirding.com

database 4910 (20100302) __________

http://www.eset.com