OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2010

From:
Ann Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2010 20:53:11 -0400
Shaune Skinner and I visited several Columbus Metro Parks in southern Franklin County and I stopped by Lake Logan in Hocking County on the way home.  More to see in the Metro Parks today.  Lists are as follows:

Chestnut Ridge MP:

Wood Duck - 6
Canada Goose - 10
White-breasted Nuthatch - 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker - 2
Downy Woodpecker - 2
Red-winged Blackbird - 2
Song Sparrow - 4
House Sparrow - 2
House Finch - 2
Carolina Wren - 1
American Robin - 10
Carolina Chickadee - 1
Tufted Titmouse - 1
Northern Cardinal - 10
Blue Jay - 3
American Crow - 12
Turkey Vulture - 12

Slate Run MP:

Lesser Scaup - 8
Canada Goose - 6
Dark-eyed Junco - 3
Northern Cardinal - 10
Blue Jay - 2
Carolina Chickadee - 2
Song Sparrow - 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker - 3
White-breasted Nuthatch - 3
American Crow - 6

Pickerington Ponds MP:

Ring-necked Duck - 79
American Black Duck - 2
Gadwall - 11
Mallard - 66
Green-winged Teal - 9
American Coot - 43
Hooded Merganser - 3
Northern Shoveler - 12
American Wigeon - 2
Bufflehead (female) - 1
Canada Goose - 50
Northern Mockingbird - 1
Ring-necked Pheasant (male) - 1
Red-tailed Hawk - 2
Cooper's Hawk - 1
Great Blue Heron (all sitting on nests) - 12
Killdeer - 7
Northern Cardinal - 2
American Robin - 2
Song Sparrow - 4
Mourning Dove - 3
Blue Jay - 3
Red-winged Blackbird - 13 (1 female)
Carolina Chickadee - 2
2 unidentified swallows flying over water (tree ?)

Lake Logan:

Mute Swan - 9
Canada Goose - 7
Mallard - 12