OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2010

Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 19:04:09 -0400
Delaware Wildlife Area and Delaware Lake proved to be a very good choice today. The 19 species of duck was highlighted by a splendid male Long-tailed Duck. While there I met fellow Prothonotary Warbler Nestboxer Dick Tuttle. As we were chatting a pair of adult Bald Eagles soared in and stirred up the ducks and geese. Including the common species I observed 56 species.

Pied-billed Grebe (3)
Canada Goose (300+)
Wood Duck (5)
Gadwall (8)