OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2010

Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2010 08:46:58 -0400
The first day of spring was a beauty at Kildeer Plains Wildlife area and it didn' dissappoint. Was there with  the Tri-Moraine Audubon society field trip. What a day. Was full of bird activity all day. Eagles and raptors everywhere in the air and waterfowl    on the ponds. My wife and I arrived early  and we found the Northern Shrike in the area on C-71 where the leaning observation tower is. It was in the hedge rows there. Finally after 13 years I seen one again .  Met up with the group and  here is some of what we seen.
Kildeer
Mallards
Northern Harrier
Meadow Lark